Thursday, February 16, 2006

Behind the Mask



Ooh, this looks really good! Check out the trailer for Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (starring Nathan Baesel, who some of you might recognize as the one-armed Deputy Lewis Sirk on Invasion).

It'll be showing at SXSW next month... boy, what I wouldn't give to be attending! (Waaaah!!) Hopefully this one will be released later this year.

Speaking of Invasion, rumor has it that the show will not be renewed for a second season. I am soooo disappointed. I personally think that show gets better and better every week, and I really look forward to watching it after Lost. We'd better start looking for a petition...

5 Comments:

Blogger Lunafish said...

Interesting. I love those independents.
I got that sinking feeling about Invasion after the last episode, like they were winding down somehow.
I must admit, I thought the last show was the best as well. Quite scary.

16 February, 2006 18:14  
Blogger my imperfect offering said...

Well, there will be episodes continuing through March, and then returning again in April to finish out the season. Let's hope that the PTB decide to renew (or perhaps Sci-Fi could pick it up?).

17 February, 2006 06:38  
Blogger John said...

So is Behind the Mask a comedy, or a hybrid (ala Scream)?

21 February, 2006 10:59  
Blogger joe said...

that looks like it could be really good, thanks for sharing. I love mockumentaries, and slasher flicks. You don't see too many that combine both. Reminds me of Man Bites Dog which is one of the best, and often hard to find.

Speaking of slashers, did you see that Aja, wonderous director of High Tension, remade the Hills Have Eyes? Coming soon to a nightmare near you.

21 February, 2006 18:59  
Blogger my imperfect offering said...

Ooh, thanks for pointing this out! Definitely something to look forward to next month (I haven't had much enthusiasm for what's in the theatres right now). Judging from the trailer, it looks like this movie will have some high tension of its own!

22 February, 2006 10:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home