waiting
Grrr. I'm sitting here waiting for the doctor's office to open so that I can make an appointment, but their recording keeps telling me to call back during normal business hours. But this IS their normal business hours, they were supposed to be open SEVEN whole minutes ago. Did you ever notice how time never passes as slowly as when you are waiting for some place to open for business? Lindsey got hurt at the gym last night and we ended up in the urgent care facility for two hours getting a bunch of x-rays. They think that she has a buckle fracture in her left shoulder, but she is feeling the pain just above her elbow so we're really not sure. So I'm waiting to get an appointment with an orthopedist today so they can make an assessment. Everyone please keep your fingers crossed that it's not fractured...Lindsey was sooo bummed last night at the possibility. :(Good News Update: No fracture! Yay!! Lindsey is still in pain and a little frustrated that there's no definitive diagnosis (my guess is a strained muscle or two), but we're all relieved there's no break. Now I can start looking for remedies for sprained muscles. :)


2 Comments:
I'm glad to hear Lindsey is okay (aside from the pain).
I took JJ to the doctor's today. I chose a place that books appointments, rather than a walk-in clinic. We weren't seen until 12:45 almost two hours after the 10:50 appointment and we arrived at 10:40. sigh. It would have been faster to go to the walk-in clinic.)
Yeah, waiting for a place of business to open is the pits. It's even worse when the people inside see you and still wait until the last possible moment.
One place I worked (a repair shop), the owner kept it open from whenever he was there. So, even if business didn't start until 10:00, if he was there at 07:00 it was open at 07:00. Unfortunately, he went belly up. He was a extrememly hard worker and honest businessman (which is why I guess after 15 years or so of pouring his soul into it, he went bankrupt).
On annoying business hours, when Sofia was in Spain (for work recently), she noticed that the stores closed in the afternoon. So, she would go out for her break and everything was closed.
Ouch. Brittany and her friends were often hurt but many would not admit it as they did not want to be sidelined before any big event. That is one of the problems associated with the sport. Keep plenty of Advil and hot/cold packs on hand.
Post a Comment
<< Home