Wednesday, April 05, 2006

what I've been up to

Whew! The past couple of weeks have been busy. All last week we had cheerleading tryouts for next year's squads, which consisted of 3 full nights of "clinic" followed by formal tryouts on Thursday night. I don't think I've had a chance to let everyone know the results, but Lindsey did make the squad, and will even be on the competition squad this year. We're very excited! I had such a good time being involved this season (once I got the hang of it), so I'm really looking forward to working with the girls in the coming year.

This week the girls are out of school on Spring break. Since we did a big trip to the Bahamas last year, we decided to stay close to home this year (and try and save a little money... ouch). Earlier this week we went up to Nashville for a couple of days (since we have a house there, there's no cost for accomodations). It was a laid-back trip, mostly spent going to the park and shopping at a few of the local malls, but the girls enjoyed it. I wanted to check out the Nashville Zoo, but it has recently relocated and according to their web-site several of the exhibits have not opened yet, so we decided to wait until summer. There are a few photos from our trip over on my Flickr page.

When I returned from my two long nights away from home, my cat Tiki was apparently upset with me again, presumably for going off and leaving her. I wish I were a pet psychologist (or a pet psychic...heheh) so I could understand exactly what goes on in my pets minds. When I got home, Pi was so happy to see me that she was practically doing cartwheels around the room and just talking up a storm (in her loudest Siamese voice). But Tiki refused to have anything to do with me, just like she did last November when I left town for a week at Thanksgiving. Last time it took a full 24 hours before she would even come near me, and almost as long this time. Tiki finally came and crawled into bed with me sometime during the night, but she still acted a little distant the next morning. I guess she was punishing me. Little did she know, I missed them both terribly while I was gone, particularly at night when going to bed.

So now I'm back at work. I'd love to have taken the rest of the week off, but I'm trying to conserve my vacation days for later in the year. I must admit my productivity is at an all-time low at the moment though. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I think you whould switch to a dog instead - they are always happy to see you.

Hmmm ... at first I thought you were trying out for the cheerleading team ;-)

Wow! Springbreak is late down there. It was 5 weeks ago in Quebec and 4 weeks ago in Ontario.

06 April, 2006 08:13  
Blogger my imperfect offering said...

Oh yes, I have two dogs also. :) You're right, they are always happy to see anyone! ;-) But I've always been more of a cat person, particularly a siamese cat person. These two are literally like my babies...my heart still skips a beat each day when I come home from work and find them there to greet me. True love. *sigh* :)

06 April, 2006 10:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home