Tuesday, August 23, 2005

ALWAYS respect your waiter



OMG. Have you seen the trailer for Waiting... ? It may just make you think twice before dining out next time. Eeek.

My son (who is a waiter) has told me stories like this before, but I've always hoped that he was just trying to torment me. For example: he has warned me not to order water "with lemon" as my beverage of choice (which he says 90% of *females* now do). Since water is free, not only is the waiter not getting tipped for filling and refilling the glass (at least not based on the price of the check), but if he is unlucky enough to take the last piece of lemon, he gets the unfortunate job of cutting up a whole new batch. He says waiters don't like that. So now I'm paranoid... I'll order water, but I never say "with lemon". If they bring me lemon, I consider it a bonus. (And I generally tip at least 20%, which hopefully makes up for the water.)

He's told me a few more, but I have to believe that he's joking. (And of course he would never do such a thing...) ;-)

[EDIT: This reminds me... When dining out with relatives who embarrass you by terrorizing the wait staff (you know who I'm talkin' about), never order the same thing they're having...lest you accidentally receive a meal with a little something extra that was not intended for you.]

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I need subtitles. "It's so angry!"???
'splain.

Gee, Ian could have been a consultant on this one.

I wonder if they get into the issue of low tippers. :)

23 August, 2005 15:32  
Blogger Lunafish said...

Glad I am cooking at home.
Makes me think of "Fight Club", the guys getting the job in the upscale restaurant making the soup.
And yes, I eat with THOSE people, too. (nasal sound) "Could you please move us away from the draft"

23 August, 2005 19:01  
Blogger ian006 said...

no sense in throwing gas on the fire, but alas dear woman, i kid you not about the gorilla terrorism of the food service industry

28 August, 2005 02:11  
Blogger pinkpanther said...

as far as the "low tippers" go, theres no hope and we can spot you a mile from the doors. So know this low Tippers... We know who you are even before you get out of your el caminos, low riders, and Cadillacs. Consider this your warning label from your SERVER <--PC Terms

01 September, 2005 16:22  
Blogger my imperfect offering said...

heheh Oh yes, I realized my political incorrectness after I posted. I wondered if anyone would notice. :)

So...I tip well...can they spot that at the door also? (yikes...the horror of being mistaken for a low-tipper!)

01 September, 2005 18:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home