I'm Wide Awake, It's...3:00am
And so it is. 3:00am. again. I've been waking up at 3:00am nearly every night (morning) for the past couple of weeks. My eyes fly open like those cartoon characters who have window-shades for eyelids ("thup-thup-thup-thup-thup-thup"). This time I was dreaming that I was writing HTML links...except it was this recursive series of links, one link linking to the next without end...and the links vaguely had something to do with... CHEERLEADING. (gasp!) And intermixed with the linking were numerous other thoughts about some things I'm working on at work that I couldn't even begin to describe here. My head hurts. This has been one of those weekends where you wish you could push the big "reset" button and start over. It all started Friday night (or more precisely at 3:00am Saturday morning) with a big glass of water, some Advil, and the thought that I should have had just one fewer martinis at dinner. Not hungover, but knowing that I could have started the day feeling just a tad better. Skipped out on my final sewing class. (The teacher said on the first day, "You'll either love it or hate it." I guess I have my answer.) Then Beau almost ate the 5-year-old girl that we were babysitting for a friend...at least according to my spouse, who I'm sure must be greatly exaggerating the story. (He isn't near as big as he looks in the picture, still less than 45 lbs., and if you knew the little girl, you'd think she'd probably have eaten him first.) Next was the Saturday football game where two parents made my head want to explode. (One was the infamous MFH, the other one of those crazed psycho-moms up in the stands who felt compelled to come down and SCREAM at the 4-foot tall cheerleaders for unknowingly continuing their cheer while a player was injured on the field...no matter that the girls can't even SEE over the helmet-and-pad-covered football players lined up on the sidelines which completely block our view of the field...bitch!) There are a few other things, but I must admit there's some self-censoring going on here (mostly about family members who wouldn't appreciate reading my inner monologue, should it have anything to do with them). Time to start that super-secret other blog... Oh well, I guess I should go try to attempt Sleep, Part 2. Hopefully this blog post has put the HTML demons to rest for the night. (yawn)
[Edit: 6:00am - After I wrote the above post, I went to bed and fell asleep again. This time I dreamed that my cell phone was ringing, and when I flipped open my phone to answer it, the caller ID on the phone said, "My Imperfect Offering" -- my blog was CALLING ME! It was damn scary. I'm not kidding.]
[Edit: 6:00am - After I wrote the above post, I went to bed and fell asleep again. This time I dreamed that my cell phone was ringing, and when I flipped open my phone to answer it, the caller ID on the phone said, "My Imperfect Offering" -- my blog was CALLING ME! It was damn scary. I'm not kidding.]


6 Comments:
Oooooh My Blog is Calling - there might be a horror movie in there somewhere, good stuff.
I take it that I am not the family member in discussion- and no, I have not told the one who does not know but I do think she is back online.
As far as the cheer Moms, they have a plan of how everyone should behave and they are quick to spew that on those close enough. I have never seen a more misbehaved, inconsiderate self-centered group of women in my life. If they could see themselves on film (hidden camera) they might see that their own behavior is what should be changed. I am reminded of the Mom at the Christmas party who got up in my face and accused Brittany of stealing $4.00 from the girls locker room. She had rallied support from her sh*ty committee to gawk at her attack. What is it about the word "cheer" that seems to miss that group entirely?
Can we start a pool now on how long before MIO resigns from Cheer squad liaison duty? Or decks one of the moms?
heheh No, you're not the family member I was referring to. :)
Well, thankfully the mom this time was a football-mom (not a cheer-mom). If I had a photo of her, I'd post it with a big ol' moustache and devil horns though. She has a daughter Macy's age that has terrorized her and her classmates for years (one of the "mean girls"), so I guess it runs in their family. The funny thing is, this woman lives in our subdivision, and apparently the other cheer-moms and dads are really pissed...so I heard she was going to be getting a phone call this weekend. heheheh
Yeah, I was ready to crack the MVH's skull open with the banner poles by the time I left the game. ;)
If you have another 3 a.m. insomnia moment, feel free to call me. Odds are 10:1 i'm working on a paper....
Speaking of which...aren't you supposed to be in class right now? (Busted! I knew the laptop was a bad idea...) ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home