wasted day off
Yippee, I have a day off today. (And even more importantly, I have a day off and NO ONE IS HOME! Yesss!) You know, you sit around fantasizing about having a day off and about all the things that you would accomplish if you just had that little bit of extra time (well, that's what I do). But then the day comes and what happens? Let's see, I'm now looking at the clock and it's NOON, and so far I've: 1) sat around in my pj's all morning watching back-to-back episodes of King of the Hill, 2) surfed the net perusing my favorite blogs for any overnight updates and trying to decide which movie I should go see today, and 3) ate a big, giant bowl of chocolate pudding. Now THAT'S accomplishment!
Well, in the process of checking out showtimes, I did discover a few useful pieces of information that I thought I'd pass along. First of all, Saw 2 opens October 28th. I'm jazzed...I personally loved the first one, and even though Saw 2 has a different director, I'm game.
I'm not sure I'll be able to shake off seeing Beverly Mitchell as anything other than Seventh Heaven's Lucy, but we'll see. Other news is that High Tension and Me and You and Everyone We Know will be released on dvd this Tuesday (Oct. 11th). I'm definitely buying both.
Well, I'm off before any more of the day is wasted. I think I might go see A History of Violence (or maybe Wallace & Gromit The Curse of the Were-Rabbit). There are a few others I'd like to see more, but our local art theatre is all the way downtown (not a place you want to be on a rainy Friday afternoon...traffic is a nightmare!) Grrr.
Well, in the process of checking out showtimes, I did discover a few useful pieces of information that I thought I'd pass along. First of all, Saw 2 opens October 28th. I'm jazzed...I personally loved the first one, and even though Saw 2 has a different director, I'm game.
I'm not sure I'll be able to shake off seeing Beverly Mitchell as anything other than Seventh Heaven's Lucy, but we'll see. Other news is that High Tension and Me and You and Everyone We Know will be released on dvd this Tuesday (Oct. 11th). I'm definitely buying both.
Well, I'm off before any more of the day is wasted. I think I might go see A History of Violence (or maybe Wallace & Gromit The Curse of the Were-Rabbit). There are a few others I'd like to see more, but our local art theatre is all the way downtown (not a place you want to be on a rainy Friday afternoon...traffic is a nightmare!) Grrr.


3 Comments:
MMM. Chocolate pudding! Your day off sounds exactly like my day off. If I ever got one, that is!
I love Wallace and Gromit. I want to see that movie but will wait for the DVD. I want to see Corpse Bride also, but will wait for that DVD as well. Why all this waiting for DVDs? The last time we went to a movie (three of us) we spent around $50. It was $30 for movie tickets, plus we were really hungry so we ate a cheap dinner in the food court, excuse me, I mean the "Dining Veranda". It's still the food court no matter what kind of fancy name you give it.
Anyway, $50 is way out of my budget. I would rather buy shoes! Enjoy your day off and tell us what flick you pick!
Saw 2, cool. The first one was very scary to me.
I worked ALL day, every spare minute but did get to the 4;45 showing of In Her Shoes.
Thanks for posting so often on my blog - it is a real ego boost.
Ahhhh ... don't we all have days like this (although, with two small kids, a day to ones self is very rare). This past weekend, the kids were over at the grandparents. Finally the wife and I had a weekend alone - no kids bouncing into bed at 6am (not that it bothers me since I am an early riser, but my wife likes to sleep in).
I've given up the chocolates, puddings, cakes, high carb, high sugar, high fat snacks the past few weeks. Which is tough, because rich, sweet foods are my weakness.
“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time”. - Sir John Lubbock
Post a Comment
<< Home