goodbye Nim, we hardly knew you
Sigh. Sadly, it appears that my fears have come to pass and neither NBC's Surface nor ABC's Invasion will be returning next season (at least not in the currently-announced Fall line-ups). Ironic that tonight's season finale of Invasion is entitled "The Last Wave Goodbye". Just knowing that it isn't scheduled to return will make watching the final episode all the more poignant to me. *sob* I find it irritating that so many of the reality shows and crime dramas continue to thrive, while good shows like these are just cast aside.
Oh, and btw, while I'm ranting about the PTB, I read this little snippet (not a spoiler) about the upcoming Season 3 of Lost:
"Lost Repeats Voted Off the Island
Are the castaways pulling a Prison Break? Scheduling-wise, it looks that way. In a Tuesday-morning conference call, ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson announced that Lost will launch its third season with seven consecutive new episodes, temporarily cede its time slot to the Taye Diggs mid-season thriller Day Break, and then return for an uninterrupted run in January or early February, Variety reports. On your mark, get set... "
How annoying!


5 Comments:
That really fries my bacon. It is like reading a good book and losing my copy half way through. Or making a new friend that moves six months after you become involved. Crap. I think this is what caused me to become a non-TV watcher a few years ago.
So I guess we don't get to know what the Surface sea monsters are all about or whether or not the hybrids take over the Earth. Crap.
I think this is why I like it when shows get moved to syndication and I can catch them all dialy on the TNT. They were dead when I met them.
Maybe you'll get lucky and SciFi or FX will pick them up. Sounds like both shows would be right up their alley.
As for me, i was a little annoyed by the 2-days-in-a-row of Grey's Anatomy, rather than spreading the love around. I guess that clears my schedule for a few weeks... at least until Deadwood and Entourage return in early June.
hey, at least we are THAT much closer to another AWESOME Nip/ Tuck season.
I am so annoyed about Lost because so many fans were bitching this season about repeats. I don't mind them, because at least I'm getting a little Lost fix instead of going cold turkey for 13 weeks. Grrrr. Unfortunately, with school, I've missed Surface and Invasion. It just proves that most of America likes their entertainment as bland as possible. God forbid we make them think about something!
Also, LOL at Lunafish! I am going to say "that really fries my bacon" from now on!!
Post a Comment
<< Home