Happy (belated) Blogiversary!
Ooh, my poor little neglected blog! I just realized this weekend that the one-year anniversary since I started this blog has recently come and gone (over the July 4th weekend) without my even noticing it. Wow, it just seems like yesterday that I was out stalking that family of mohawk-wearers. (Hmm, I wonder how they celebrated this past Independence Day, and if they did it once again in style, donning their synchronized haircuts and matching outfits?) This weekend was really nice as I was mostly bach'ing it all weekend (ha...isn't that a funny-looking word, and yet, not really a word. hee.) I had lots of quiet time to myself to relax, play with my guitars, finish watching Season 1 of House, M.D. (wow, what an addicting show!) and of course, bonding with my new washer and dryer. I think I'm in love...seriously.
So one strange thing happened this weekend. On Friday night, all of the phone lines in my house went dead. There were some storms in the area, so I thought perhaps there was a line down or something, so I got on-line to look up the phone number for Bell South...which was another weird thing because my DSL was still working, and since that uses the phone lines, I was a bit surprised. Anyway, I called the Bell South repair number from my cell phone, which was answered by an automated system that asked me my phone number and a few other diagnostic questions, before going off to remotely test my phone line. The automated voice then informed me that, yes, there was trouble with my phone line, and that the problem would be repaired by Monday. I hung up the phone not feeling all that optimistic, and thinking how ironic it seemed to not be able to talk on the phone to a live person at the phone company! But the automated voice did not lie, and sometime on Saturday night my phones started working again. Hallelujah! Actually, there was an odd sense of silence in the house during that 24 hours just knowing that the phone would not be ringing, and I kinda liked that.
So how was your weekend? :)


4 Comments:
"bonding with my new washer and dryer. I think I'm in love...seriously."
Reminds me of a line from Jerry Maguire, which I'll mangle as:
"I've had three lovers in the past four years, and they all ran a distant second to a good book and a new washer and dryer. "
But then, everyone says "love", but they don't really mean it. [sigh]
Congratulations on your one year anniversary.
Having quiet time is a must for me - otherwise I get really, really cranky.
My weekend was fine. Discovered that JJ has really improved on his two wheeled bike riding skills. Kids pick it up quickly - once they realize they can do it.
Otherwise it was a typical all too short weekend (even if I had Friday off, but since Tania is with me in Ottawa at the moment and she is in a Day Camp, I had to hang around Ottawa until she was done). Even the free time during the day wasn't terribly free since I had some things to pick up in town that kept me running around - not to mention mowing both lawns. You will have to implicitly divine what errands were keeping me busy Friday from tomorrow's blog post).
You Internet connection and phone service may use the same physical lines, but the circuits are different. As long as the lines are not physically down, there should be no interruption of service. When living in Toronto, I remember the phone would sometimes go dead when Bell ran out of free lines (phone companies has much fewer available lines then they do subscribers - since it is a rare occurrence that everybody wants to use the phone at the same time).
Sorry I didn't hear your returned call after the phone fiasco Friday night. We are back from another roaring time in Las Vegas, post to come soon.
Happy Blogiversary! This has been much more of a commitment than I realized when we started and still enjoying the humor and interesting tidbits.
And oh crap, are you going to get me hooked on yet another tv show?
AW! Happy Blogiversary! I'm sorry I'm late! I'm glad you're still blogging after all these... year.
=)
and House, MD is a very good show!! If I ever go to the hospital I want Dr. House on my case! (also, my friend was in that show! as an extra)
Post a Comment
<< Home