Masai feet
I thought I'd post a quick update on the Magic ShoesTM (and for the record, no, I don't really think they will eliminate cellulite, in case anyone is worried that I might be that gullible). ;) But after trying out the shoes (and reeling from the sticker shock), I just had to buy them! They feel really cool, almost like you are rocking slightly when standing. The thing that impressed me the most (besides the fact that they are remarkably lightweight) was that after walking only a short distance around the store, I could already feel it in my calves. The sales person cautioned me to start out wearing them only a couple of hours per day so as to not get sore leg muscles (and in my mind I scoffed a little at this), but after wearing them for only a short time this evening, I can see what she means. (Not that my legs are sore, but I can definitely "feel" that the muscles in my legs and feet have been working.) Anyway, I'm really glad that I decided to go check them out. Even though the price is way more than I would generally be willing to pay for a pair of sneakers, this is almost like a whole new experience in wearing shoes!
Gotta take my thrills where I can get them these days, you know. ;)


7 Comments:
I DO want to have a conversation with you about those. Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I called POC on my way to a mtg.
I am so implusive and when it comes to shoes, don't have to be encouraged much - but I would like to wait two to three weeks and hear your endorsement at that time which I imagine will be even better once you have spent more time in them. If I acquire a pair, they will be the most expensive sport shoes I've purchased ever.
I will definitely give you a better endorsement once I've worn them for a few weeks. Lucky for me, I am in my sneakers about 99.9% of the time, so it will be easy to evaluate them against what I've been wearing (and I've always worn good quality shoes, so that shouldn't be a discriminating factor). I was impressed by the knowledge of the woman at the Foot Solutions store (not just about the MBTs) so it might be worth dropping by the one in Southlake and having a chat with them.
I would never have spent this much on a pair of shoes had I not been so completely satisfied with my Mephistos all these years. I've never had one second of buyers remorse with those (granted, they are leather dress shoes and not sneakers, but still, it got me over the fear-factor on price). I'm hoping I will be as satisfied with these.
From your description the sound like New Balance running shoes (which have a rocking motion when you walk - although no pain calf pain after several hours).
I like the New Balance because they are comfy and come in wide sizes.
Yes, New Balance has been my signature brand for the past 12 years. I believe this is the first pair of non-NB sneakers I've purchased in all that time. Wow, howz that for brand-loyalty? :)
I was a more loyal NB customer. I had worn them for 15 years or so (until last year). Sofia finally managed to convince me that as a well paid professional, I really need to wear proper shoes (among other things) befitting my status. So now I wear Clarks (they come in nice wide sizes and are very comfortable - although, they are flatter than the NB).
The funny thing is that Sofia cannot believe how my coworkers dress (she simply clucks her tongue when I tell her that my manager wears shirts and sweaters with threadbare elbows). She simply does not understand that we engineering / programmer types are sartorially challenged. To which she will point out that her brothers are always smartly dressed (I think this has more to do with making a class and status distinction in Peru - which, like in many countries, is a cultural thing. Up here in Canada, it is much less prevalent – since there is greater uniformity among the population).
I think we need a picture of these new shoes on our lovely comsumer.
Really? Hmmm. I've been working on my calves. I seriously need some real sneakers. I don't know if I can spend that much on one pair, but who knows! I would love an update in a few weeks.
Of course, I don't have ANY cellulite so that will have to remain an unproven side effect. HA! Not.
Once, I got a massage and the masseuse said "wow, you hardly have any cellulite for your age!" A lovely compliment, don't you think? I almost said, "wow, you hardly have any bad manners at all for your age!"
Enjoy the sneaks! I like 'em big and clunky too!
Post a Comment
<< Home