Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I *heart* Conor Oberst

Here's something to look forward to:

Saddle Creek has announced that a collection of Bright Eyes tracks entitled Noise Floor (Rarities: 1998-2005) will be released on CD/LP on October 24. (This will have to tide us over until the next studio release in Spring 2007.)


Have I mentioned lately how much I looooove Conor Oberst? Yes, yes...I know...I use the L-word too freely, but really, listening to his music just makes my heart ache (just like love) so I think this qualifies. Sigh. (Pay no attention to the fact that I am practically old enough to be his mother big sister.) ;)

You follow the footsteps echoes leading down a hall to a room. There is music playing, tiny bells with moving parts. Here the shadows make things ugly, an effect quite undesirable. The bold and yellow daylight grows like ivy across the wall and bounces off of the painted porcelain, tiny dancing doll. Her body spins, as she pirouettes again, the world suddenly seems small. On an off-white, subtle morning you stretch your legs in the front seat. The road has made a vacuum where our voices used to be. And you lay your head onto my shoulder, pour like water over me. So if I just exist for the next ten minutes of this drive that would be fine. And all the trees that line this curb would be rejoicing and alive. Soon all the joy that pours from everything makes fountains of your eyes because you finally understand the movement of a hand waving you good-bye.

1 Comments:

Blogger joe said...

tell me again why you missed seeing him at Bonnarroo? ;-)

He's a great songwriter and you can get so much out of his songs, but if you really want to understand how they affect him, see Bright Eyes in concert. Some of their lyrics didn't mean much at all to me until after seeing them live...

Well you say that I treat you like a book on a shelf
I don't take you out that often 'cause I know that I completed you

20 July, 2006 19:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home